A ‘thread’ about tying heart strings with our dear children started at the Woodshed the other day, and I started thinking that it would make a wonderful regular addition to this blog- as a bit of a record of some of the many things we do around here in order to tie our heart strings together with our littles.
- let my kids make a huge mess of paper scraps while on a crafting bonanza
- encouraged them to pick up scraps together, without even griping at them! LOL!
- let 4 yr old dd pour the noodles in the boiling water
- then later let her dump in the cheese
- let 6 yr old dd stir in the cheese (this is a biggee for me as my dd’s really want to start helping me cook more, but I’ve been hesitant with all the boiling water, hot pans, etc…)
- then let her serve the lunch plates (she felt so grown up, so sweet to see a smile while serving others)
- took pics of 8 yr old ds’s ‘dog travois’ he made all by himself after looking through "More Than Moccasins" (and assured him I would blog about it, LOL!)
- cut out 3 nightgowns for dd’s while they were seated (tomato staked) all around me, chatting away about sewing and the historical costumes we’re planning to make soon…
- made everyone vanilla steamers before bed… Mmmmm… good stuff…
- made them all come and hug & kiss me for being such a good mommy and making a special treat like that before bed!
- gave 13 yr old ds a big smooch on the cheek for being all teenagerish about the hug
Isn’t it fabulous?!
Enjoy your children!